Sunday, April 24, 2011

Video on How to Crochet a Layered Flower

Here is my latest Doceri video, showing how to crochet a layered flower. The text of the pattern is color-coordinated with the crochet chart. I think the linked representations, animated in time, makes the chart pretty easy to follow, assuming you know basic crochet stitches, of course.
Someone emailed me a question, so I want to clarify here how I did one of the steps. The single crochet stitches (those that are taken between the long strands of 3, 5, or 7 chain stitches) are worked BEHIND the flower.  You will need to flip your work over, and jam your needle between the base of the petals to get your needle into the double crochet (or single crochet on later rounds).   By the way, I forgot to change the "dc" to "sc" in the video for those later rounds.  Sorry about that.  If you were just watching the chart, you probably didn't notice.
You could instead work those single crochet stitches on top of the flower if you'd like, and then flip over the flower when you're done, but I prefer the look of the front of crochet stitches than the back.  You get that nice little chain boarder on the front.  Whatever you do, just pick one way and do it for the whole flower. 
LACE BORDER
For the off-white flower, I used 4 layers.   Each petal of the 4th layer has 11 stitches.  I added an extra border in the last layer.  Over each of the five petals do this:
Make 2 times: sc, sc, chain 3.
Then, sc, sc, chain 5 over the next stitch, which is the center of the petal.
Make 2 times: sc, sc, chain 3.

sc = single crochet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...