Sunday, July 8, 2012

Using tiling theory to generate angle weaves with beads

I am very excited to announce that our paper "Using tiling theory to generate angle weaves with beads (pdf)," coauthored with Blake Mellor, has been accepted for publication in the Journal of Mathematics and the Arts.  The acceptance was conditional on our making changes recommended by the reviewers.  The final, reviewed and edited version was published by the Journal, volume 6, issue 4, 2012.
Looking back at my notes, I started the first draft of this paper in July of 2009, and I started beading the designs in it in 2008.  It has been a long process writing this paper, drawing the illustrations, beading the samples, and taking photos, but I hope the ideas in it will inspire you the way they have inspired me. 
If you are still looking for the link to the draft paper, try the first one up at the top :) The third link will direct you to the edited version that was published. Thank you for looking, and thank you for your comments.

3 comments:

  1. Great work, thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. muy bonito gracias por compartirlo,besos

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome, thank you so much! I'm going to give this a try over the holidays and if anything comes of it, I'll see if I can share some pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...