Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Wide Leg Ruffled Pants in Burgundy Wine Kimono Silk

I have been sewing pants lately.  I made this pair of comfy wide leg pants from 100% pure kimono silk.
silk ruffle pants
The fabric is amazing. I bought it on Ebay several years ago with the idea of making pants, but since it's kimono fabric, the bolt was only 14 inches wide.  So, I had to create a pattern that would work with such a narrow bolt of fabric.
It's a deep burgundy wine color, vintage kimono silk, a nice medium-heavy weight with a wave design woven right onto the weave, and then subtle hand painting to bring out the design. I used every last bit making these pants, and because it's vintage fabric, this pair of pants are truly one of a kind.
Details include ruffles along the hem, adjustable ruching at the on the sides with gathering strings, and two front pockets with gathering strings. The top has a double channel waistband, one with elastic, and a second with elastic and a draw string for a perfect adjustable fit. I stitched everything with both a serger and a regular sewing machine to make this pair of pants last until the fabric wears out, which should be a good long while because it's REALLY nice fabric. Seriously, I'm a silk snob, and this fabric is unusually high quality.
The waistline is somewhere between regular and low. These are very well made and as comfortable as pants can be. If you think you might want these pants, I assure you that your really do. They are amazing. Once you put them on, you won't want to take them off. These pants are for sale in my Etsy shop.  Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...